Tuesday, July 22, 2008
We Leave In Less Than 10 Hours
I'm about two weeks into not getting a full night's sleep, as my mind whirls and turns about the Namibia trip. There is so much to think about, so much to make sure is in place; both here while I'm gone and when we arrive at our various destinations along the way...and there.

I must say that for me, this trip is already shaping up to be a different one from the previous three. Quite frankly, the difference will be the responsibility that would have been entrusted to me...in bringing my niece Katherine with me. In previous trips, I was basically responsible for only myself. This time, it isn't just me but I must also be responsible for the well being of Katherine. Now don't misconstrue my lack of sleep with reasons to be worried when traveling to Namibia. That is totally not my concern. It's just the notion of being responsible for someone else's well being that I place a high upon my list of priorities.

Part of what my mind wanders to during my restless nights is the fact that there are many mothers and fathers in many parts of this world, not just Namibia, who might not give a second thought to the well being of their own son or daughter, let alone a niece. That entire notion is so unfathomable to me.

I've been kidding with Katherine that I will have "ownership of her" after the guardianship papers are signed. But all kidding aside, part of what I think about most IS the responsibility for her. Helping her work through any difficulties she might have in the differences between life there and here; watching, experiencing the trip through the eyes of a fifteen year old.

---------------

We leave Manchester at around 3:30PM and fly to Philadelphia. From there, we leave for London at 10:45PM, arriving there around 11:05AM (London time) on Wednesday. We then get to partake in some of the British hospitality until our flight departs for Namibia at 9:30PM, finally arriving in Windhoek at 7:45AM (Namibia time) on Thursday morning.
posted by Don @ 5:45 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name:Don (& Chandre)
Home:Nashua, NH (Arandis, Namibia)
Previous Post
Archives
What Matters

As you let God's design be worked out in you, you will see its impact in others and for generations.

Sometimes it's not about your ability to do something, but your availability to do it that is more important.

Photo Gallery
Namibia 2008
Namibia 2007
  • Being Redone
Video Gallery - 2008
The Crusade Youth Group Worship with Mike Knight
Video Gallery - 2007
Links
What Others Are Saying
I should be much more afraid of being mistaken and then finding out that Christianity is true than of being mistaken in believing it to be true. (Pascal)
We all want to get to heaven but nobody wants to die. (Unknown...still looking)
God hasn't given you the events of your life to hold in your own hands. He is allowing you to watch them unfold in His. (Shannon Kubiak, "God Called a Girl")
h2oDevos
Faith is the daring of the soul to go farther than it can see. (William Newton Clark)