Wednesday, July 23, 2008
A Good Day in England
We've arrived back at Gatwick awaiting our 9:30PM flight to Windhoek. We spent the better part of our time here visiting with a friend of mine, Mark Thompson. Mark lives about 15 miles away and came to pick us up this morning. We spent time at his house, with his wife Mich and two sons, Joshua & Eden. Poor Kat woke up this morning hearing me greeting/talking with someone I obviously knew. Not expecting to meet up with someone I knew here, and being a bit disoriented after waking up, she told me later that she thought we were in Namibia and that she had slept through the entire plane ride down. Not sure if the surprise for her backfired as she was sort of disappointed that she did not sleep through the plane ride, that we were not in Namibia, and that we still had 10 hours or so to be on a plane. Sorry Kat!

The day was enjoyable, however. I had not seen Mark since 2004, since meeting him in Maryland. We've kept in touch and it was nice to get to catch up. He also treated me to something he claims I had been missing out my entire life, a true English ale at a proper english pub.

Well, in a just a few hours we will be boarding Air Namibia for our final leg of this part of our journey. Once again, I am amazed at just how largely connected and small this world continues to be.
posted by Don @ 3:52 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey Dad! You are probably in Namibia by now (I'm so jealous). It is really weird right now because you are on the other side of the world as well as two of my best guy friends. This makes me really excited to go to Europe and experience other cultures that are so much older than our own.
    I hope you had safe travels and nothing too exciting happened. I tried to post on Kats blog, but it wouldn't let me, so tell Kat this "Savor every moment because it is going to go by so fast! Take lots of pictures AND videos because even three years later I look at my photos constantly". I guess that is all, my internship is winding down (kinda) and I can't believe that it is almost over! That is all. Love you!

     
  • At 10:09 PM, Blogger Karen B said…

    Wow....this has been a chore. I tried to post yesterday but had issues converting my old blogger account to a google account. Then severe electrical storms and I lost power / internet at hotel. That kinda ended the night.

    So - back home now. You all should be in country. I'm waiting for Adria to get home.

    Glad your travels were safe. Hopefully you have all your luggage. Take a moment to settle yourself...then get busy...your time is short.

    love ya

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name:Don (& Chandre)
Home:Nashua, NH (Arandis, Namibia)
Previous Post
Archives
What Matters

As you let God's design be worked out in you, you will see its impact in others and for generations.

Sometimes it's not about your ability to do something, but your availability to do it that is more important.

Photo Gallery
Namibia 2008
Namibia 2007
  • Being Redone
Video Gallery - 2008
The Crusade Youth Group Worship with Mike Knight
Video Gallery - 2007
Links
What Others Are Saying
I should be much more afraid of being mistaken and then finding out that Christianity is true than of being mistaken in believing it to be true. (Pascal)
We all want to get to heaven but nobody wants to die. (Unknown...still looking)
God hasn't given you the events of your life to hold in your own hands. He is allowing you to watch them unfold in His. (Shannon Kubiak, "God Called a Girl")
h2oDevos
Faith is the daring of the soul to go farther than it can see. (William Newton Clark)