Saturday, January 13, 2007
More Thanks
13 Jan 2007

Taking a cue from when my daughters went to Africa in 2005, I decided I would draft a sponsor letter and send out to family, friends and business owners that I know. Unlike my daughters, however, this sponsor letter would not be on my behalf, but on the behalf of the children of Hope's Promise Orphan Ministry. I have included a copy of the letter under the "Prayers and Support" section, over there on the right.

I want to publicly thank those who were in a position to make a donation in the form of cash or check. To those who may have only been able to silently offer their prayers and support, your prayers and support will also go a long way and I thank you. Your spiritual support is needed and appreciated.

Now, I'm a firm believer of "you never know unless you ask". On that note, while I am in Namibia I am still able to draw funds from my account using an ATM. So, if any of you are still inclined, you can still send donations to my home address (6 Bible Way, Nashua, NH 03063). Prior to my departure on Wednesday, January 17th, I will arrange with Karen to let me know if we received checks in my name or in the name of Hope's Promise. In the case where the check is made out to me, remember you will not get "credit" for a tax deduction, but I will be able to withdraw whatever you donated via ATM and give it directly to Brenda Johnston and HPOM while I am in Namibia. As with the other checks I received made out in the name of Hope's Promise, I will need to send those through to Colorado. Doing so will allow for you to receive a "charitable contribution" letter from HPOM. They will then wire ALL of the donation to Brenda. Please be sure to include "Child Sponsorship - Namibia" on the check.

God Bless
posted by Don @ 9:09 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name:Don (& Chandre)
Home:Nashua, NH (Arandis, Namibia)
Previous Post
Archives
What Matters

As you let God's design be worked out in you, you will see its impact in others and for generations.

Sometimes it's not about your ability to do something, but your availability to do it that is more important.

Photo Gallery
Namibia 2008
Namibia 2007
  • Being Redone
Video Gallery - 2008
The Crusade Youth Group Worship with Mike Knight
Video Gallery - 2007
Links
What Others Are Saying
I should be much more afraid of being mistaken and then finding out that Christianity is true than of being mistaken in believing it to be true. (Pascal)
We all want to get to heaven but nobody wants to die. (Unknown...still looking)
God hasn't given you the events of your life to hold in your own hands. He is allowing you to watch them unfold in His. (Shannon Kubiak, "God Called a Girl")
h2oDevos
Faith is the daring of the soul to go farther than it can see. (William Newton Clark)