Saturday, January 13, 2007
Missed chances
I was on my way to Penn State today, to bring Diandre back to school. I was listening to a Peter Mayer CD and one of the songs on his Music Box CD contained, as part of its lyrics, the words "missed chances".

My mind then wandered to last July during my first trip to Namibia. How many "missed chances" did I have?

Missed chances?

If you read in an earlier post from 4 Jan 2007, "I'm going where? Alone?", I refer to "things I had hoped to do"; missed chances I felt I had last July. Now, don't misinterpret this to mean that I was not satisfied with my trip last July. My trip last July was by no means unsatisfying. However, in retrospect, many things sometimes take on different meaning. And, in thinking about things once I got home, I felt that I missed out on some things as a result of my own decisions and some of the responsibilities that I accepted.

Looking at things retrospectively allows you to see more of the bigger picture because it inherently allows you to sit back and see how things played out. It allows you to think about what you might do differently "next time". No, I wouldn't trade my experience last July for anything. But my experience last July will be the foundation for whatever I experience this time.

While I am more aware of what my "missed chances" were, more importantly, I am more aware of the chances I hope not to miss this time around.
posted by Don @ 9:46 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name:Don (& Chandre)
Home:Nashua, NH (Arandis, Namibia)
Previous Post
Archives
What Matters

As you let God's design be worked out in you, you will see its impact in others and for generations.

Sometimes it's not about your ability to do something, but your availability to do it that is more important.

Photo Gallery
Namibia 2008
Namibia 2007
  • Being Redone
Video Gallery - 2008
The Crusade Youth Group Worship with Mike Knight
Video Gallery - 2007
Links
What Others Are Saying
I should be much more afraid of being mistaken and then finding out that Christianity is true than of being mistaken in believing it to be true. (Pascal)
We all want to get to heaven but nobody wants to die. (Unknown...still looking)
God hasn't given you the events of your life to hold in your own hands. He is allowing you to watch them unfold in His. (Shannon Kubiak, "God Called a Girl")
h2oDevos
Faith is the daring of the soul to go farther than it can see. (William Newton Clark)