Thursday, February 01, 2007
Mission accomplished, homeward bound!
1 February 2007

Greetings everyone. Brenda and I are now in Johannesburg and awaiting our flight to JFK. I must say that this trip has been outstanding and once again, for me, beyond what words can describe. Our time in Rehoboth was short but great with the opening of the new Beads and Promise store. What a place and a remarkable job Sylvia and Richard have done. Among the attendees was the U.S. Ambassador to Namibia. The opening of the store notwithstanding, it was with great anticipation, hope and pleasure that I was finally able meet Maderyna Goliath. We were able to sneak in some short but good conversations about what has been happening with her, what is happening, where she would like to be and what her future might hold. Amanda - she told me she wants to be at Hope's Promise forever and is very anxious to see you. With God's help, the guidance that Hope's Promise will provide, and her promise to me that she would work hard at learning and helping with the Beads of Promise business I think this could be a turning point in what has been a troubled life. She has come home but is in need of a tremendous amount of prayer, the road ahead will not be easy for her.

My time in Arandis was also remarkable. I did accomplish my goals of computer updating, getting a working demo of a presentation for Brenda to use this coming Tuesday in New York, as well as some very rewarding time with each of the Hope's Promise families. Leaving was with mixed emotions as I have missed my family and friends but feel I am leaving my another family behind, here. However, leaving this time was not as difficult and I do believe it is because I know that I was able to return once already and that it will be possible to return again. There is still much work to do here.

Although I was still hoping to post photos with each post, I am not able to. Last night I was also hoping to post from Rehoboth but an electrical storm and rain kept knocking out power. Perhaps it was my cue to get to bed before 11 PM and get some much needed rest.

I am going to try to post a few pictures in the gallery for now.
posted by Don @ 9:13 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 4:58 PM, Blogger Darin said…

    Coffee? We have a trip in June/July to talk about. Still praying... and giving thanks!

     
  • At 5:18 PM, Blogger germaine said…

    See you soon!!!

    Love ~G

     
  • At 8:42 PM, Blogger amanda said…

    praying for you my friend as you travel with Brenda.

    wow, it was so nice to see those familiar faces in that gallery. Sylvia's daughter told me that she would see me again this summer, i told her it probably wouldn't be possible... God's kind of funny like that :-) Seeing Maderyna's picture was such a blessing to me! It is amazing how much she has grown and how much older she looks. I am so anxious to see her as well. Thank you Don for letting me know about a girl who has been on my heart for three years and who I love very much. that was the greatest blessing. Looks like everyone else will be catching up with you sometime soon, but I hope whenever I do end up coming home that we can sit down and chat. i'm so proud of you teammate. God is doing a tremendous work in your life and it has blown me away! miss you!
    <3, amanda

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name:Don (& Chandre)
Home:Nashua, NH (Arandis, Namibia)
Previous Post
Archives
What Matters

As you let God's design be worked out in you, you will see its impact in others and for generations.

Sometimes it's not about your ability to do something, but your availability to do it that is more important.

Photo Gallery
Namibia 2008
Namibia 2007
  • Being Redone
Video Gallery - 2008
The Crusade Youth Group Worship with Mike Knight
Video Gallery - 2007
Links
What Others Are Saying
I should be much more afraid of being mistaken and then finding out that Christianity is true than of being mistaken in believing it to be true. (Pascal)
We all want to get to heaven but nobody wants to die. (Unknown...still looking)
God hasn't given you the events of your life to hold in your own hands. He is allowing you to watch them unfold in His. (Shannon Kubiak, "God Called a Girl")
h2oDevos
Faith is the daring of the soul to go farther than it can see. (William Newton Clark)