Thursday, January 25, 2007
Off to be the substitute for 2nd grade
26 Jan 2007

Greetings to everyone back home. Things have continued to be busy here. Another half-day into Swakop yesterday for Brenda to get things for her household when she is gone, picking up a DVD/VCR player for the 1st and 2nd grade building (thank you again, Tim & Brenda.) While I have attempted a couple of times to resume blogging, the opportunity arose to be able to spend time with or help some of the people here.

And, despite my hope to use this blog to relay my activities here, somethings just cannot be translated into words properly. Last week my time here did no seem so limited to me. The reality of it is that I do leave next Wednesday morning to go to Rehoboth. And there is still much to do...

I am busy trying to begin and produce the presentation that Brenda and Sylvia so desperately need when talking with sponsors and potential sponsors. Your prayers are requested for my ability to depict Namibia, Hope's Promise, its families and its children through the pictures and video that I will be blending together. All of the computers (10?) here at Nan's house and at the school have been updated. They are in use or ready for use. There are still 4-5 at Tresford's house that I need to tackle.

Yes, as noted within the subject line, this morning I will be leaving here shortly to go and be the "teacher" for the 2nd grade class at the new Christian Academy. It is just another role that I was asked to assumed here, if only for a day.

Know that all of you are not far from my thoughts. I miss everyone.
posted by Don @ 11:27 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 8:06 AM, Blogger Darin said…

    You said "your prayers are requested". Count on it.

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Blogger germaine said…

    It's so true that when you first arrive you think that you have so much time and then the next thing you know.... it feels like there is never enough.

    What a cool opportunity to go sub the 2nd grade... I can not wait to hear all about it!!!

    Praying for you!!

    Love ~G

     
  • At 9:11 AM, Blogger Jimmy C said…

    Don, I know how hard it can be to put a video presentation together. It takes time and a lot of thought as to what you want to say in the presentation. I'm praying for ya.

     
  • At 1:39 AM, Blogger Jackie said…

    Did the children call you Mr. B????
    Hope you enjoyed your day of teaching!

    We've all been thinking of you and praying for you. You have a nice little fan club going on here. We are all sitting by your blog waiting for the next post! Haha!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name:Don (& Chandre)
Home:Nashua, NH (Arandis, Namibia)
Previous Post
Archives
What Matters

As you let God's design be worked out in you, you will see its impact in others and for generations.

Sometimes it's not about your ability to do something, but your availability to do it that is more important.

Photo Gallery
Namibia 2008
Namibia 2007
  • Being Redone
Video Gallery - 2008
The Crusade Youth Group Worship with Mike Knight
Video Gallery - 2007
Links
What Others Are Saying
I should be much more afraid of being mistaken and then finding out that Christianity is true than of being mistaken in believing it to be true. (Pascal)
We all want to get to heaven but nobody wants to die. (Unknown...still looking)
God hasn't given you the events of your life to hold in your own hands. He is allowing you to watch them unfold in His. (Shannon Kubiak, "God Called a Girl")
h2oDevos
Faith is the daring of the soul to go farther than it can see. (William Newton Clark)