Thursday, January 18, 2007
Almost there
18 Jan 2007

I am currently Johannesburg at the lovely Dove's Nest Guest House. Just had a nice chicken & rice dinner and everything is great. I tried getting on from NY but could not get the wireless to work. I remember we had that problem from the gate last summer and that is where I was trying from. Flights over were uneventful and fine. For you involved in real estate, I sat next to a mortgage broker who deals only with non-conforming loans! What a hoot! The stories we exchanged....

I am not using my laptop at the moment, but rather the hotel's system so this post will likely not include as much as I would like to tell about. However, yes, the news about Maderyna was very good to get just prior to leaving. Brenda had emailed me and informed me she was back. Incredible timing....wouldn't you say? So Jackie, now you know. I must say that I've had this feeling for a while now that this would happen.

Thanks to Karen's quick thinking, what could have been a nightmare worked out well with her idea to redirect my departure to Boston...thanks honey! You're so smart. I also want to thank her for really cramming 4,325 pounds of stuff into two bags so that it looks and weighs only 70 pounds each. As luck would have it (luck?) after all the baggage had been unloaded from the plane, my two were not to be found. But...they tell me that the two bags will meet up with me in Windhoek.

Thanks for all who have posted. This is and will shape up to be an interesting solo trip. Yes, Darin, there have been all sorts of sightings, even before I left home.

Guess that will be in for now. I'll try to post more tomorrow from Rehoboth.
posted by Don @ 1:31 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ahhh... rehoboth :-)

    praying for all your luggage!

    <3, amanda

     
  • At 5:17 PM, Blogger germaine said…

    well... sumner and I had a bag go to London (remember our layover was in Germany)... 2 that took later flights... 1 that they had no clue where it was... but they all appeared! see it's all just part of the big adventure... :-) to quote Richard... "no worry, no worry..."

    Looking forward to hearing more!!! I am almost sad that I will be away for the weekend... I will have to tell Jackie to call me if something "big" and extra exciting happens...


    Love ~G

     
  • At 7:55 PM, Blogger Jackie said…

    AHA! Something big is already happening, so we hope to get some daily news if you are not too busy! I had tears in my eyes this morning when I read Darin's post about Maderyna. My heart is there with you and as you can see you have taken many of us along!

    Karen.....Namibia '07 informational meeting is Sunday, January 28th, 6pm. Maybe you should come check it out!!!

     
  • At 12:20 AM, Blogger Don said…

    Actually, I am not under the impression that the luggage was lost or misplaced. Evidently, they did have a place to put luggage in transit, or at least that is what I was told.

    I'll try to post more from the airport if I can find wireless and a place to plug in. If not, look for more after I arrive in Rehoboth.

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger Jimmy C said…

    Not to worry. Paula and I lived for more than a week without the bulk of our cloths. Finally arriving as we got to Etosha. With much releaf I will add. It all catches up eventually. Have a great time Don. Say Hi from us.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name:Don (& Chandre)
Home:Nashua, NH (Arandis, Namibia)
Previous Post
Archives
What Matters

As you let God's design be worked out in you, you will see its impact in others and for generations.

Sometimes it's not about your ability to do something, but your availability to do it that is more important.

Photo Gallery
Namibia 2008
Namibia 2007
  • Being Redone
Video Gallery - 2008
The Crusade Youth Group Worship with Mike Knight
Video Gallery - 2007
Links
What Others Are Saying
I should be much more afraid of being mistaken and then finding out that Christianity is true than of being mistaken in believing it to be true. (Pascal)
We all want to get to heaven but nobody wants to die. (Unknown...still looking)
God hasn't given you the events of your life to hold in your own hands. He is allowing you to watch them unfold in His. (Shannon Kubiak, "God Called a Girl")
h2oDevos
Faith is the daring of the soul to go farther than it can see. (William Newton Clark)