Tuesday, February 06, 2007
A final thank you!
6 February 2007


Thanks to everyone who provided prayers and support for me during my time away in Namibia, as well as financial support for the children of Hope's Promise. Know that it means a great deal to me to have such a support system in place here and it meant a great deal to the children to have people they don't even know helping and caring enough to help sponsor them.

Although this trip is now officially over, the experience will continue. As I've said many times recently, the work there is not finished.

Prior to going to Namibia for the first time in 2006, one of things that weighed heavily upon my decision to go was the question I posed to myself, "Was I starting something that I would not be prepared to finish?" When deciding to get involved with the lives of the children and people there, I felt I needed to ask myself that question. So many empty promises have been made to these children and people of Namibia. Could I, or would I, simply be just another American who might only be showing up for two weeks to get the warm and fuzzies that I was doing something good, telling them that I cared about them and would pray for them, that I would not forget them, and never follow through?

Was I going for my sake, for my satisfaction or was I going to enter into the lives of these people and truly make a difference in theirs? What about the difference they would make in my life? Was I prepared for that? To accept that?

Yes, I have returned home. But once again, part of me was left behind, to help continue what I've started.

----------------------------

For those of you who might be interested, I've posted the working demo of the presentation I did for Brenda. I'm in the process of changing out some of the pictures to include some from Rehoboth, so Sylvia is also able to make use of it. What she was hoping to accomplish with the presentation was to give the people she was talking with an idea of what Namibia is like; what Arandis, Rehoboth & Block E, Vyf Rand are like. I've also included pictures from Swakopmund, its ocean and sand dunes, Windhoek and Etosha. Some you may recognize them from a previous trip, but most of them were taken as part of my recent trip.
posted by Don @ 8:37 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 12:36 PM, Blogger germaine said…

    Told you the dust gets in your blood... :-)

    Awe the Vyf Rand Choir!!!

    Love ~G

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name:Don (& Chandre)
Home:Nashua, NH (Arandis, Namibia)
Previous Post
Archives
What Matters

As you let God's design be worked out in you, you will see its impact in others and for generations.

Sometimes it's not about your ability to do something, but your availability to do it that is more important.

Photo Gallery
Namibia 2008
Namibia 2007
  • Being Redone
Video Gallery - 2008
The Crusade Youth Group Worship with Mike Knight
Video Gallery - 2007
Links
What Others Are Saying
I should be much more afraid of being mistaken and then finding out that Christianity is true than of being mistaken in believing it to be true. (Pascal)
We all want to get to heaven but nobody wants to die. (Unknown...still looking)
God hasn't given you the events of your life to hold in your own hands. He is allowing you to watch them unfold in His. (Shannon Kubiak, "God Called a Girl")
h2oDevos
Faith is the daring of the soul to go farther than it can see. (William Newton Clark)