Friday, August 01, 2008
A Busy Day
9:20PM
Friday, August 1

I seems that the more I come here, to Arandis, the more challenging it becomes to maintain each of the relationships, all in one visit.

This morning, after doing a bit of work, I heading over to the primary school for the children's play break, then I went across the street and popped my head in at the library to check on Pearl [keep her in your prayers, that she does well], who is studying to take write one of her exams, I got to spend a couple of hours talking with Chrizelda, who will be delivering her [hopefully a boy] baby this month. This afternoon I had the opportunity to spend some time with Brenda, as we drove into Swakopmund, and waited, to have some work done on her car. When we arrived back, I finally got the chance to see Kassie, but only for a short time. Before dinner, Kat and I also spent some time playing and hanging with Revival, Nanasha [a new HPOM child] and eventually Salome for a little bit. We made a quick trip to Richard and Julianna's house for a short visit there as well.

Those who have been here with know that it doesn't take me long to start comparing the things I feel I want or need to do, and the people I want to make sure I see, with the number of days left. On the other side of that, I am often reminded to just enjoy each day and not to worry about the rest; to take each opportunity to talk and interact as each presents itself.

And besides, you really can't plan here anyway.

There continue to be many things to be aware of and learn; cultural nuances that, if not considered, quickly reveal one's American identity based purely upon mannerisms. Greeting, addressing, being sure to say goodbye, or how you word something are just a few examples. These were among the topics of conversation and discussions I had with some of the people here today.

-----------------

Kat has been busy this week working at the primary school in the library, helping with the new catalogue system they are trying to get in place. She also has had the opportunity to spend quality time with many of the Hope's Promise children in that setting.

posted by Don @ 4:19 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name:Don (& Chandre)
Home:Nashua, NH (Arandis, Namibia)
Previous Post
Archives
What Matters

As you let God's design be worked out in you, you will see its impact in others and for generations.

Sometimes it's not about your ability to do something, but your availability to do it that is more important.

Photo Gallery
Namibia 2008
Namibia 2007
  • Being Redone
Video Gallery - 2008
The Crusade Youth Group Worship with Mike Knight
Video Gallery - 2007
Links
What Others Are Saying
I should be much more afraid of being mistaken and then finding out that Christianity is true than of being mistaken in believing it to be true. (Pascal)
We all want to get to heaven but nobody wants to die. (Unknown...still looking)
God hasn't given you the events of your life to hold in your own hands. He is allowing you to watch them unfold in His. (Shannon Kubiak, "God Called a Girl")
h2oDevos
Faith is the daring of the soul to go farther than it can see. (William Newton Clark)