Wednesday, August 13, 2008
I Can't Believe 2 Old Ladies Tried to Snag My Luggage
8:21 AM
Wednesday, August 13th

It was an odd feeling. I had seen both of my pieces of luggage coming down the conveyer belt but when it turned they turned the corner to come around to the other side, my larger suitcase was gone! I know I had seen it so I quickly went around to the other side and started looking for it. Not seeing it anywhere, or seeing anyone with it, I went back to Kat who was still waiting for hers to come out.

Feeling uneasy about this entire situation, I once again went over to the other side, scoping out the people, trying to find my bag. It seemingly had disappeared, or someone snagged it and walked away quickly.

On my third attempt to scout the area, I noticed this large motorized cart sitting there with two old ladies in it. Figuring it wouldn't hurt to check out their luggage... I SAW MINE! After running over to them, tackling both of them out of their seats, we had quite the scuffle as I attempted to rip my bag away from the back of their buggy. One of them clocked me real good up-side of the head with her purse, heavily laden with medication no doubt. However, I was victorious in getting my luggage.

Okay...so there was no struggle. We are bored and wanted to liven things up here. Seriously, they did have my bag and I simply walked up to them and said..."Excuse me, but that's my bag." Both had a surprised look on their face and said, "It is?" I quickly pointed out the bright yellow Arandis/Rehoboth tag and said yes, see.

We made it safely to London, switched airports and are at Heathrow waiting for the U.S. Airways desk to show up....ooohhh...they just did.

Chat later...
posted by Don @ 3:21 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger Jackie said…

    Two OLD ladies, or would you say 50ish? Great that you recovered your bag. Good thing you saw it coming down the belt in the first place! Glad you are halfway home! Anxious to hear all about the trip from both you and Kat! Have a nice nap across the Atlantic. See you soon!

     
  • At 3:07 PM, Blogger Karen B said…

    Okay - you sucked in me. I was reading and thought you were relying a real deal. Glad it was a story...

     
  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger Darin said…

    I bet you could have whooped those old ladies, too.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name:Don (& Chandre)
Home:Nashua, NH (Arandis, Namibia)
Previous Post
Archives
What Matters

As you let God's design be worked out in you, you will see its impact in others and for generations.

Sometimes it's not about your ability to do something, but your availability to do it that is more important.

Photo Gallery
Namibia 2008
Namibia 2007
  • Being Redone
Video Gallery - 2008
The Crusade Youth Group Worship with Mike Knight
Video Gallery - 2007
Links
What Others Are Saying
I should be much more afraid of being mistaken and then finding out that Christianity is true than of being mistaken in believing it to be true. (Pascal)
We all want to get to heaven but nobody wants to die. (Unknown...still looking)
God hasn't given you the events of your life to hold in your own hands. He is allowing you to watch them unfold in His. (Shannon Kubiak, "God Called a Girl")
h2oDevos
Faith is the daring of the soul to go farther than it can see. (William Newton Clark)